4/17/2010

Changing flavours

Music has always been something that's gotten me through the day. I don't know if that's just a commonality among all people but, regardless of whether that's the case, it's still something that I greatly appreciate having such ready access to.

Music is definitely a release for me. It gives me an avenue to express whatever emotions that may be floating inside. Angel by Sarah McLachlan helps for those long days (links to the songs if you're interested). Yearning by The Trews for those times of nothingness. We're In This Together Now by Nine Inch Nails to excise frustration. And, of course, If It Feels Good Do It by Sloan for some energy. And the list continues.

Well, lately, upbeat stuff's been turning up on my playlist a bit more than before; the frustration and exhaustion a little less. Ha, maybe this is a good thing...

Oh by the way, check out the John Lennon by Arkells.

1 comment:

Heidi_L said...

I was facebook surfing and I didn't realize you still kept up with your blog :) Enjoyed some of your recent entries and the music is definitely I'm going to check out.

P.S. I remember you intro'd me to Sigur Ros in Grade 12...definitely liking them now. :)